Wednesday, September 13, 2006

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Had a little break from the blog this past few days. A little uncertain of the direction I've been taking it. Now, what I've wrote down here already is all good stuff, and it's all important. But let me tell you, I've been reading this stuff for years now and the changes it has made to me are minimal. It's certainly given me a broad intellectual understanding of the issues I face, what goes on in my own body and how I should be dealing with that. The trouble with SA particularly, is that this intellectual introversion is one of the causes. I've spent so many years trying to intelectualize the world in order to understand it, yet I haven't answered one single question. At least not with a definite answer. All the time I've been trying to do this, I've been missing out on the real deal.

If you want to make moves with your SA, you want a better life, then you've got to do something about it, and sitting on your ass thinking about it just won't do it for you. You have to make changes. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always had. You want something new? You have to do something new. You have to venture out into a brave new world. If you want to fight your SA, then it's essential you set yourself some tasks, and do them, consistently. And consistency is very important.

From now on, I should mostly be concentrating on more specific exercises, hopefully making them as simple as possible. But if you want anything out of them then you have to go do it for yourself. Life's a challenge, and challenges are fun.

Enjoy yourself...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, that's good advice.

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home